Sunday, February 10, 2008

February 9

Oh Snap!
Why is it that when you want your baby to get a good night sleep, they always wake up several times. Patrick decided to have several parties with mommy throughout the night and the alarm was going to go off at 7 a.m. This is unusual for a Saturday; especially when we try to sleep in. Who are we kidding? We can't sleep in on the weekend when our "little alarm" wants to play with us. And who schedules a bridal shower for their sister in the morning? What was I thinking? We had to be showered, dressed, and ready to leave by 9: 15 a.m. So, since we just happened to be up early, (thanks Patrick), we were heading towards the van at 9:13 a.m. Whew! We are going to be early. Oh snap! We are really early; especially since I can't pick up the cake until 10 a.m. Well, I guess we'll have to get some coffee. Thank goodness Greg is going along for the ride, to help me out with Patrick. The bridal shower begins at 11 a.m. and I'm still in the van at 10:30. My wonderful sister-in-law is co-hosting this event, so that helps take the pressure off of me. Whew! We made it before anyone arrived. But wait, we still have to unpack the van. All this stuff for one baby. Oh, and how could I forget the bridal shower stuff. Why do we always take the entire house for Patrick when we go for an outing, or visit family? And this time, I didn't take everything. Hmmm...I must make a checklist to help make our outings quicker. In my free time, I'll get to it. :)

Some how, I manged to get things done on time. But wait. Where's the blushing bride? Late as usual because she had to make a grand entrance; especially since she had her hair done. So this gave me the opportunity to show Patrick off to all her friends. These are the friends that have given Patrick nicknames like "Chunky Monkey, Pork Chop, and Rump Roast". I don't mind the names because they gushed all over my baby and enjoyed squeezing his thunder thighs. He was passed around until people realized how heavy he can be from holding him. He saw lots of love. Speaking of love. Patrick also met Mike's cousin Tiffany and her 10 month daughter Flora Jane. They played side by side. Patrick was so excited to see another baby. We need more interaction with other children. Any volunteers? Who wants to play with us?

No comments: