Thursday, February 21, 2008

February 20

Six Month Appointment
Today was Patrick's 6 month appointment. Aunt James decided to go with Greg and I to the doctor. I was happy to have her along because I just hate shot day. I need support on these days. Patrick handles shots well, but I just hate seeing my baby get his shots. We were anxious to see how much "Tank" weighs and how long he's getting. So once the nurse called our name, we quickly ran into the room and began stripping him out of his clothes. Wow! He weighed in at 22.26 lbs. and was 27.56" in length. My boy is growing! His weight is in the 97% and his length is at 87%.

During Dr. Blum's examination, he pulled Patrick's penis and testicles. I must have squinted my eyes because the doctor noticed. I was just a little uncomfortable with how he stretched his penis to examine it. Let's just say the doctor made me blush when he saw my reaction.

Dr. Blum gave us a feeding schedule for Patrick. He'll eat cereal in the morning and evening and work through the vegetables and meats, then introduced the fruits. I told him Patrick was a great eater. He thought Patrick was doing great. The next visit will be 9 months and the doctor wants to draw blood for allergy testing. Greg and I hope he doesn't all the bad allergies and asthma from us. Send positive thoughts our direction.

No comments: