Thursday, February 14, 2008

February 14

Happy Valentine's Day
It's Patrick's first Valentine's Day. He's such a sweetie and just so darn cute. I dressed him like a boy today; overalls and a red t-shirt. Yep, it was warmer today and the wind wasn't blowing in the afternoon. We ventured out to take Mia to her physical therapy. I took the stroller inside and away we went to tour the hospital. As usual, I received comments about his cuteness. Then I got the "ooh's and aaahh's". He fell asleep, chubby rosy cheeks and all. On the way home. He played with his toy "Chewy" and hurt himself. Bonk! Right in the eye. Ouch! Oh, no, baby, don't cry like that. I haven't heard that type of cry since he was born. It broke my heart. I'll see if it leaves a bruise.

Cousin Andrew spent the day with us. The boys played in the afternoon and then Andrew wanted to film Patrick. So, at dinner time, our little Steven Spielberg grabbed the camera and away he filmed. He added his own special commentary that was actually brilliant. Perhaps, he has a future in the entertainment business.

Greg and I celebrated our usual Valentine's Day. Pizza and beer. We started this tradition several years ago when I was tired and not feeling well. I asked Greg if we could stay in and eat pizza and drink some beer and so a tradition was set. When I was out running errands, I brought some beer for Greg and made the phone call to D'Bronx pizza. Yummo. Perfect evening at home. I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments: