Thursday, February 21, 2008

February 19

Sweet Dreams
My little boy is growing up. He's becoming so big and he has changed from being an infant. But today, I reminisced of our early days when we brought him home. He still has the little cry from when he was born. It's not as strong and loud, but I can still hear the same cry.

I've been rocking Patrick to sleep. The doctor says to begin putting him down in his crib and letting him fall to sleep. I've been working on this for his afternoon naps, but today, I made an exception. I rocked my baby in my arms until he fell asleep. I always put his lullaby music on so hopefully he'll associate music with falling asleep. There are two songs where he usually falls asleep: Bach's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring and Canon D. My sister is having instrumental music of these two songs at her wedding. I think Patrick just might fall asleep when he hears these songs at her wedding. This wouldn't be a bad thing. :)

After holding my baby when he falls asleep, I love hearing his wimpers and looking at his lips as he tries to suck air. It's the cutest thing. I always give Patrick a kiss and then whisper in his ear, "Mommy loves you Patrick". It's my routine. Sweet dreams little boy.

No comments: