Saturday, February 23, 2008

February 23

Nano Nano
Today was the first N.A.N.O (Need A Night Out) with my mommy group. We met for lunch at Panera's and shared pictures of babies. Oh, it was so much fun to be around the girls. We laughed and talked and had so much fun. Then we went to see a chick flick, "Fools Gold", with the luscious Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson. It was such a relaxing day and I enjoyed every moment, but I missed my little boy. He was asleep before I left and just went down for a nap when I arrived home. It seemed like the longest time until I could hold my beautiful son. When he woke up, he flashed those brown eyes at his momma. I think this outing was the longest that I've been away from my son.

In the evening, my niece Kaitlynn wanted to come over to her Aunt Julie's house. So, of course I said "Yes". She had a blast taking care of Patrick. She fed him and made the comment that "Patrick is in love with his food". You bet he is. He loves to eat and makes all kinds of noises when he opens his mouth wide and tastes the delicious food. So far, he likes all the vegetables (carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, and green beans) except peas. He'll eat them, but you can tell they are not his favorite by the way he wrinkles up his nose.

Momma is exhausted! It was a long day for me but I couldn't wait to grab my son and put him to sleep. I love rocking him to sleep because it's a special time for the two of us. We read a book, play, and then listen to music. He pats my face and give him gentle kisses on his hands and then I squeeze him tight. It's going to be hard to get him to go to sleep on his own. I think I'll do some research on this to help make the transition smoother. I suppose I'm not going to be able to just put my son down in his crib and he magically goes to sleep on his own with out a fuss. Haha! Any advice from mother's out there is greatly appreciated. Suggestions Please!

No comments: