Sunday, February 10, 2008

February 8

This Little Piggie Went to the Market
It was a bright and early start today. My sister-in-law called at 8:03 a.m. to let me know that my brother, Mark was sick. She needed someone to watch her son Andrew because he didn't have school. So, I said I would do my morning routine with Patrick and then head out to take my niece to school and bring Andrew home with me. Five minutes later, I receive a phone call from Andrew.

"Aunt Julie"
"Yes"
"Well, my dad is sick and mom said you were going to come get us, but I didn't know if she called".
"Okay, Sugar, I'm heading out the door"
"Okay, Bye".

When I arrived, I asked Andrew how he called me and he said, he just looked on the caller id. Kids are so smart these days. After taking Kaitlynn to school, I helped get ready for the bridal shower that was being hosted at Mark & Tammy's house. While I was there, Patrick was hot. He had little rosy cheeks. I looked in the diaper bag and realized I didn't have anything cooler. I really wasn't planning on staying there, so I wasn't all that prepared. I cruised into Kaitlynn's room to look to see if she had something small enough for Patrick to wear. Sure enough, she had a KU t-shirt. Wow! Patrick could wear her shirt. I know my niece is little, but I didn't realize how big Patrick was getting. I have to admit, the shirt was a little big, but not by much.

In the afternoon, I was playing with Patrick. Finally, he can eat his toes. He's been trying to put his little piggies in his mouth. Then, today, it happened. He started sucking on his toes and kept lifting his legs in the air until his toes went in his mouth.

The dogs love Patrick; especially Elvis, our 100 lb yellow lovable lab. Patrick tries to talk to Elvis. He gets so excited when Elvis comes by and tries to lick him. Of course, I am constantly yelling at Elvis to leave the baby alone. Patrick decided to scream in a high pitch tone and Elvis just looked at him as he tilted his head. I guess it was a little too loud for Elvis.

No comments: