Sunday, February 3, 2008

February 3

Thelma Solved The Mystery
Boy have times changed. I remember as a little girl getting up early on Saturday morning to watch cartoons. Oh, the excitement! What I would watch would depend on what time I got out of bed. I'd open one eye and realized it was morning and rush downstairs to discover that my brother woke up before me and was watching some dorky cartoon. He never wanted to watch the Smurfs. But we both agreed on Scooby Doo. Today, I got to experience what it's like to watch cartoons through the eyes of my nephew. Where is the excitement in having 24/7 of cartoons on television? Aaaugh! But Andrew likes Scooby Doo and was watching the gang be scared by ghosts, going on a wild goose chase and then having the mystery solved. What will Patrick be watching when he gets older?

This afternoon, Patrick was fighting sleep. He was tired, but wouldn't take a nap. No matter how often we tried, he stayed wide awake. Finally at night, he wore himself out and didn't resist any more. He slept until 9:15 a.m. Mommy and daddy loved it!

No comments: