Monday, February 11, 2008

February 11

Happy Happy Joy Joy
Laughing. Giggling. Playing. That's how Patrick woke up. He's such a happy baby and most mornings this is how he's waking up. Then I hear the sounds of him sucking his fingers. They must taste great because all I hear is smack, smack, yum, yum. When I make eye contact with him, he gives me the biggest smile, followed by a raspberry.

As the days go by, my love for my son grows deeper. I love being his mother. I didn't know it would be like this. I knew that I would have a special bond with my child, but every day my baby surprises me. I tear up just thinking about him and how fortunate I feel to have such a loving child. He's the best!

Mamma's little sidekick is connected at my hip. I don't know when it happened, but it did. He can hear me from another room and he turns his head to find me. Once I pick him up, he pats my face and pulls my head closer to him, then he tires to eat me and ends up slobbering on my face. I just let him have fun and hold him tight and give him kisses. He let's me smoother him with love all over his head, and cheeks, and neck.

Patrick and I have really developed our routine. No longer do I have days where I don't shower until the late afternoon and pray that Greg doesn't come home early to see me in my nightgown. We have it down. Rise and shine after Greg gets up, off to feed him cereal, pump in the morning and then grab a quick bite to eat while he plays with his toys. Then I shower. I'm amazed at how fast the day goes by and then the next thing I know, Greg is opening the door to come home from work. Wow. Feedings, diaper changes, and playing nonstop makes the days go by quickly. Maybe a few naps for the Big Boy.

No comments: