Wednesday, January 9, 2008

January 9

Entertainer of the Year

Every day I spend hours entertaining my son. I shake his rattle, hand him his favorite toy “Chewy” and read him books. Playing together every day is the best part; especially when I make up songs, make faces, wiggle my tongue and talk, and talk, and talk to my baby. Patrick’s playroom has all his favorite things. We switch between the jumperoo, his vibrating chair, the exersaucer, tummy time mat and of course mommies arms. I smooch, hug and give him kisses throughout the day while my son gives me unconditional love. My heart melts when I’m the only one that can comfort my son. When I pick him up, he’ll begin to complain a little and then let’s out this big sigh as if he is saying “Mommy what took you so long”. Then he just bats his gorgeous hazel eyes and just smiles showing off his one dimple.

Recently, my back is aching. Could it be because my son is growing? So, I decided to wear Greg’s Mei Tai (baby sling). Love it. I wore it out today when I took my mother to her lab. I always get comments whenever I carry my baby. The best comment was when a doctor said I was putting the baby in the toaster. Patrick loves to be carried in a sling. He stays so calm and just rests against his mommy.

Tonight, Patrick was playing in his jumperoo. Mia began to make him laugh, so I handed the digital camera to Greg. We had been filming and getting Patrick laughing and having a great time. Then I looked over at Greg and asked him if he was filming. When he looked at the camera, it had been on pause. So we fired up the camera again and tried to get Patrick to laugh. I think he had the last laugh. :)

Oh by the way, my fear of Patrick not sleeping came true last night. The little burger decided to let mommy get 3 hours of sleep and kept waking up. Finally at 6 a.m., I just got up and began our play date together. He went to sleep tonight at 9:30 p.m. and didn’t really take a nap today. Please, please, please, let him sleep tonight. Mommy needs some rest. It’s 11 p.m. and I’m going to bed. Good night!

No comments: