Saturday, January 26, 2008

January 25

All Nighter
1 o'clock, 2 o'clock, 3 o'clock , 4 o'clock 5 o'clock. These are how often I saw the clock last night. Patrick is sick and we don't like it. He was so congested that I held him the entire night so that he could breathe. I pulled at the other humidifier that is warm to see if it would help. Perhaps it did. It's amazing how your body will become alert when your child is sick. I didn't sleep last night. I couldn't. Patrick needed his mommy. Greg was so great. He was trying to get up with me and always asked me, "What do you need baby"? I told him to go back to sleep. He had to work on Friday, so I pulled an all nighter.

I finally just went to his bedroom and put on his music to help him relax. He was awake. Wide Awake! So I looked at the suggestions that Aunt Susan sent for the Name Game. Aaarugh, how could I have missed some easy ones. Too many late nights or early mornings and this would be another one of those nights. So at 6 a.m., Mia wakes up and helps me out. She told me to go bed at 6:42 a.m. and I willing said, "YES". When Greg's alarm went off, he panicked because he couldn't see Patrick, but then realized Mia had him. He gets ready for work while I slept. In fact I didn't even hear him. I slept for a couple of hours and then I rushed down to help Mia with Patrick. It's amazing how 3 hours of sleep feels great.

During the day Patrick was getting better. He didn't sound congested and his nose wasn't runny. I played with Patrick in the afternoon, but then my energy was fading. After rocking Patrick for his afternoon nap, Mia told me to take a nap too. I agreed. After sleeping 1 hour, I woke up because Daddy came home. He was feeling tired and thought he was getting sick. So I put the boys in our bedroom and went downstairs. Mia was making us chicken noodle soup. Oh, I love my mother. She knows what to do to make us feel better.

That evening, we couldn't believe this was the same baby that kept us up all night. Patrick was laughing, talking, and playing. He didn't have any signs of being sick. He must bounce back like his daddy. Thank goodness!

No comments: