Monday, January 7, 2008

January 7

Mia hurt her knee and had to have surgery today. She's been on crutches since December 21 and we all wanted her to be comfortable. The alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. and we began our early day. Daddy showered while mommy nursed Patrick. Then I looked at the clock and I had 15 minutes to get showered and dressed, so "SuperMom" puts her actions on high turbo and successfully accomplishes her goal. Out the door we went and headed to the hospital.

I checked in Mia and we immediately went back while Greg and Patrick waited in the waiting room. After about 45 minutes, the nurse asked if there was anyone in the waiting area and then she went out to get them. I told Patrick how much I missed him and then daddy said he missed mommy too. Wow! Recognition for being a mommy is wonderful. It's hard work and I enjoy every moment, but to have your husband realize the effort is very rewarding. Oh, and Patrick was a hit with all the doctors and nurses. I guess you can say he's an attention getter.

Shortly after being with Mia in the surgery prep area, my brother and his wife join us in the waiting area. Uncle Mark picked up Patrick and walked him around in the hospital. He helped take care of my son while I helped my mother after her surgery. Then, he watched Patrick while Greg and I went to the grocery store and dropped off Mia's prescription. When I got home I saw Patrick's chair turned towards the television. Yikes! I don't let my son watch television. What was my brother thinking! Then he said that he played with all his toys and put him in his chair because he needed a little break.

Tonight, Patrick and I helped Mia while Greg cooked dinner for us including fixing soup for Mia. It was great to see him taking care of his mother-in-law. I love my husband! :)

No comments: