Friday, January 11, 2008

January 10

Momma Needs Sleep

Well, Patrick continues to wake up in the middle of the night. I'm not complaining, I'm just not use to waking up every couple of hours. Even when Patrick was a newborn, he would sleep for hours at night, so his little wimpers throughout the night seem foreign to me. So, I just close my eyes and try to fall back to sleep. But today, we needed to get going early. Mia had a dentist appointment at 10:30 a.m. so we had to get things moving bright & early.

Once we arrived at the dentist office, I decided to take Greg's Mei Tai to carry Patrick. I'm so amazed at the number of comments that I receive when I carry my baby. It's really not a "hippie" thing to do, it's a matter of convenience. And yes, I do encourage other mothers and even pregnant mothers to carry their babies. I share my story of Patrick being a big baby and having a C-Section as to how it helped me and then go into to the bonding and benefit spiel. So at the dentist office, a young mother's stops to comment on Patrick's beauty and then asks questions about the Mei Tai. Patrick listens to his mommy and then falls asleep since he is snuggling up to his momma.

We then head over to daddy's office to give him a birthday surprise by taking him a foo~foo latte. Greg needs my signature to complete the sell of our Subaru because the young couple that purchased our vehicle ran into problems with Kansas having electronic titles. Mental note: Never live in Kansas and sell your car to a couple that lives in Missouri. It confuses the banks with e-titles. Any whoo, Greg took care of the "paper" title and made the sale complete. Whew!

In the evening, Patrick and I took Greg out to Red Robin for his birthday. While we were there, we observed some interesting parenting skills. A little boy wanted to sit on the outside of the booth, but his parents yelled at him and grabbed him to put him in the booth. I said a quick prayer to God to give Greg and I patience when Patrick gets older so that we don't handle an innocent situation in this manner. Then along comes an "uncle" at the table and starts to complain about his drink order. He wanted a TALL drink with Kahlua and yelled at the waiter. The next thing that happened was the bartender explained that he would have to put 6 shots into the drink and it would cost $30. The guy decided he would settle for a coke.

Patrick and I sang happy birthday to Greg. We came home and ate the cake I made for Greg, double layered with pink frosting and sprinkles, just the way he likes it. What an interesting day filled with lots of people watching. :)

No comments: