Sunday, January 27, 2008

January 27

Smiles, Hats, Toys and Fingers
We had a family outing today. Shopping. It's been a while since we went to Babies R Us, so we decided to go to look at baby gates. Patrick will be crawling any time now. Unfortunately, we didn't find what we were looking for, but we did find a cute hat. It's a puppy hat and it looks adorable on him. While shopping, Patrick loved looking at the other babies. He was wide awake and just kept moving his head. Every cry, laugh or wimper from other babies had him moving his head. Mommy went to change his wet diaper in the nursing room and we saw another baby. She was tiny. The mother asked how old Munckin was because she knew he was smaller than he looked. She was amazed that he was only 5 months old.

So, with our new hat on, we headed out to Costco. Boy was the hat an attention getter. I could see all eyes on Patrick and then you'd hear "Awe", or "Oh, look how cute"...I just proudly pushed my baby in the stroller and gushed as the comments were coming in. Life is Great! I know I talk a lot about people making comments about our baby, but I'm a new mom and I can get away with it. On Friday, when I went to the bank, I was waiting in line. One of the bank tellers motioned for me to come to her line. Now, I don't know this lady and I never saw her before, but once she looked at my son, she wanted to squeeze his thunder thighs. Oh, she had so much fun with Patrick. It's great because my son is not shy. I hope this quality lasts.

Toys and Fingers. Patrick loves them. I have a basket filled with chew toys and I hand Patrick several, then pick them up off the floor. We go several rounds doing this. He is reaching for everything and grabbing the toys off of his exersaucer. And his fingers. They are constantly in his mouth. I keep plenty of wash clothes around to clean his hands and clean his toys. It's an everyday event.

No comments: