Saturday, January 5, 2008

January 4

Happy Birthday Aunt Susan! I'll be saving you a dance at your birthday party on Saturday night.

Friday afternoon we stopped by to visit our favorite photographer, Lea Murphy. She showed us a slideshow of our photo proofs and it brought tears to my eyes. My beautiful baby looked so gorgeous. I was so amazed at the picture that she captured of me holding Patrick. It's hard for me to get pictures of me holding my baby since I am the one that takes pictures. So when I saw the picture, tears just rolled down my face. I look forward to spending the year watching Lea photograph my precious son.

After our last visit with Dr. Blum, he suggested rice cereal for Patrick. With all the holiday festivities, we decided to wait before we started this messy endeavor. Boy were we happy to wait for this experience. Aunt Jamie happened to stop by visit and watched her godson have such a messy face. Now this is the aunt who would dress up our niece and nephew and then tell them "Don't get MESSY". As we put the first bite of rice in Patrick's mouth, he had a sour look on his face. He played with the food in his mouth and then played moved it around with his tongue before it dribbled out of his mouth. Aunt Jamie was right there with her washcloth wiping his mouth clean. He tried about half before he became frustrated and didn't know what to do with this new thing in his mouth. We decided to stop and clean "Messy Marvin's" face.

No comments: