Sunday, January 6, 2008

January 5

Patrick had a busy morning. Mommy nursed him first thing in the morning. I just love to watch him play with my hand as he enjoys my breastmilk. It's like he's giving me high-five's. After we have our special bonding moment, it was time to try the rice cereal again. This time he made a mess and I let his face be messy. He would put the cereal in his mouth and let it swish down his throat. This time he gobbled down his food. I wonder if this is a sign for what is yet to come.

Then my messy son needed a bath. He fills his "little" bath tub and splishes & splashes while cooing. He loves his baths. Since he is so relaxed I nursed him again and he went down for a morning nap. He is beginning to take some naps during the day, but the compromise is he is waking up at night instead of sleeping for a straight stretch. He still goes to sleep after a bottle, so I'm pleased that he doesn't want to party with his mommy for a couple of hours.

Grandma & Grandpa Rickman arrived in town for some baby squeezing time. That night we went to Aunt Susan's "30th" birthday party. Patrick loves to be around people. He had to party with all the big people. Everyone kept making comments about how cute he was and how big he is getting. Our friend Kara, from "The McTriplet's" enjoyed a night out and picked Patrick up and gave him squeezes. We finally left the party at 10:40 p.m. for our hour drive at home. Patrick was a little cranky but then daddy comforted him and he snoozed for the rest of the drive. It was a big and fun day.

No comments: