Thursday, March 20, 2008

March 19

Mum Mum

I saw a new baby food item that I wanted Patrick to try. It's called Baby Mum Mum. They are rice husks and apparently babies love them. When I went to the store, they were very hard to find, so I guess babies love to eat them. So, I tried them out on Patrick. I first broke them up into little pieces and then soaked them into some formula. He liked them and said, "Mum Mum". I guess that is how they came up with the name. I might have to wait until he can handle finger foods better, but for now, he likes eating soggy rice husks.

This afternoon we stopped and ate lunch at Panera's. Again, Patrick decided to have a blow out. So, we head to bathroom, praying there is a changing table and with luck, I was able to clean Patrick, change his outfit and then head out the door. The next stop, Whole Foods grocery store. I'm attempting to make my own baby food for Patrick. From my research, I see the benefits of making your own food. Whole Foods carried organic foods, so I thought I'd give it a try. It's going to take a little time for me to make his food, but it will be so worth it. Now, I'm not opposed to jar food; especially when we have outings, but I'll try to give him prepared baby food as much as possible.

No comments: