Thursday, March 13, 2008

March 13

Life's Circumstances
When I was pregnant and people would ask me if I wanted a boy or girl, I usually responded, "I just wanted a healthy baby". At my age, it is so true. From the beginning of my pregnancy when I was bleeding, I prayed for a healthy baby. And God answered my prayers. I am so thankful and feel very fortunate to have such a great family and a wonderful baby.

I suppose that once you've become a mother, you become aware of life's circumstances. Well, I've met some people that I've been wanting to share their stories, but didn't want to exploit their situations. So here is my best shot at paying a special tribute to people that I think of often.

The Power of Love - When I was pregnant, my brother's neighbor was also pregnant. But during a sonogram visit, the doctor knew something was wrong. Their baby girl was sick and the parents knew she wouldn't survive her birth day.The parents have two little boys. They made their decision to have the baby no matter what. Actually, the birth of the baby girl became a celebration. They contacted Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, an organization for infant bereavement photography. Her pictures are gorgeous. The family gathered around on the birth day and were able to have a special moment as a family. I often think of the parents and how hard it must have been to know they would lose their little girl. She is now an angel in heaven that has touched my soul forever.

Daddy's boy - Recently, I met a lady during business encounters that loves to see Patrick Andrew. She also has a little boy that is older. Slowly, she shared a little of her story. During her pregnancy, her husband was killed in an accident. With the support of her family; especially her sister, she gave birth to her adorable baby boy. She is raising her son by herself and she has shared wonderful stories about her husband and sweet boy. I also have a friend that waited several years to have a baby with her husband. Three weeks before the birth of their son, her husband found out that he had lung cancer. Sadly, he pass away after a couple of months with his son. I think of my friend often and pray that God will give her strength.

These families have truly touched my soul and I think of them often. They are always in my prayers.

No comments: