Saturday, March 1, 2008

February 26

Uncle Mark, Are You Okay?
I was tired and just put Patrick to sleep. I could hardly wait to crawl into bed, but then Greg stopped me and said, something is wrong with your brother Mark. You need to talk to Mia. I rushed to my mother and she said that the ambulance had gone to my brother's house. Tammy was on her way to the emergency room. What is going on? Mark had been sick with flu like symptoms, but began to shake with the chills. He had a 104 degree temperature.

At the emergency room, they were providing face masks to prevent the spread of "cooties". I saw my brother, but didn't recognize him. He had layers of clothes and blankets around his body. When the doctor saw him, he told him he had the nasty flu that was going around, but a very bad case of it and then sent him home.

When I arrived home, Greg was still up with Patrick. I was tired! It was already 12:30 a.m. I finally put Patrick to sleep about 1 a.m., pumped and then tried to get some zzz's myself, but I kept thinking about my brother. When will I ever get a good nights rest?

No comments: