Thursday, May 1, 2008

May 1

Baby Chase
I was sent an email to pray for Baby Chase who is only 6 months old. He was born with only one bone on the top of his skull instead of two and he was having surgery. While I was reading the email, tears rolled down my face. I wiped away the tears and just sobbed for this little boy that I didn't know. Then I went over to pick up Patrick Andrew and held him tight. Chase is only two months younger than my sweet boy. I just couldn't get this baby out of my mind. So, of course, I kept him in my prayers, but I had this need to do something for his family.

I received emails about the surgery and even had pictures of the days that followed his surgery. This little boy is adorable. I can't imagine how parents handle their baby having surgery. So, I continued to think about this family until finally, I decided that I would make them dinner. That's the least I could do. Baby Chase's mother didn't have to worry about what to make for dinner for one night. I asked Mia to help me and we made a delicious Italian dinner along with some yummy chocolate chip cookies.

When I went to deliver the food, I met Chase's father Matt. He shared several pictures with me after the surgery and told me about his progress each day. He said that he was sitting up again and even showing signs of crawling. I still get email updates of this sweet little boy. This family has made a significant difference in my life; especially being a new mother and knowing what really matters in life. So, before you go to bed tonight, think about Chase and say a little prayer that he continues to grow strong.

No comments: