Tuesday, May 27, 2008

May 27

There Is A Reason We Call Him "Tank"

Patrick Andrew smiling
Time is flying and my baby is getting BIG. For all my friends that told me Patrick would slow down in size once he starts crawling, well...I'm still waiting. I took Patrick to see Dr. Blum for his 9 month check up. It's always a treat to see our pediatrician. His parent care is the best and he just loves to play with Patrick. Today, I was a little nervous because it was another shot day. I was a little apprehensive since he cried at his six month shots. So in walks the nurse to do the preliminary "stuff". But the most important thing she is going to do today is weigh Patrick. Drum roll please..........In this corner, weighing 28 lbs 1 oz., Patrick "The Tank" Rickman. Wowza! He is getting so big and long. He measured 30 1/4 inches.

Dr. Blum walks in and reassures me that he is doing great! As usual, we go over my list of items to discuss. The issue that I am concerned with is Patrick's inability to sleep through the night. I told the doctor that he is waking up more than when he was a newborn. Then he tells me that parents are "lucky" if they get any sleep before their child begins eating solid foods. He told me not to worry, that things would be changing soon. Then he told me to give him his bottle and then put him in his crib. I'm thinking to myself, "What! Let him cry it out. Oh, no." Looks like Greg and I will need to talk about this. Another issue was allergy testing for foods. The big question is, "Will Patrick have the peanut/shell fish allergy like his father"? We'll know when we take him to lab to get his blood drawn. His check up was great and we ended the appointment with the dreaded shot. The nurse prepared the shot and then BAM, in goes the needle and Patrick just looks at her like, "What are you doing"? Whew! No tears...not even from mama. Sweet! My big boy didn't cry. Maybe there is something to him having chunky thighs!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My four year old just broke 29 pounds. :)

Cutie, Jules! I just "refound" your blog. When I redid mine I lost some of my links. Glad to be able to keep up with you all again!

XOXO,
Kara