Monday, April 7, 2008

April 7

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Where did March Madness go? I'm a huge fan of college basketball and I look forward to the tournament. But this year, March flew by and I really didn't get to watch entire games of basketball. Maybe a peek here and there. So, how excited do you think I was to know that the Kansas Jayhawks were in the Sweet Sixteen, Final Four and then crowned 2008 NCAA Champions? Well, I didn't' get to see the game. With Patrick being sick, I knew I wouldn't be able to see the whole game. Then, when the game began, I didn't feel well. Oh, no...I can't be getting sick. Yes, indeed I did. Let's just say I was praying to the Porcelain God at the exact time the game went into overtime. I was sick during the most exciting part of game.


Being a mom comes first and I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to care for my son when I was throwing up. But I did. I stopped by the bathroom about 4 times and then sucked it up to take care of Patrick. It was one of the hardest things that I've had to do. I just wish that my little boy would feel better and that I would get to see his joyful smiles. I miss my happy son.

So, congratulations to the Kansas Jayhawks. You've made this sport fan extremely happy and gave me an opportunity to say to my Oklahoma Sooners family, ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS....KU!




No comments: