Saturday, April 19, 2008

April 19

The Main Event
Rise and shine everybody. There is going to be a wedding today. The bride slept great and was feeling so much better. She was still weak, but this was her wedding day and she was going to enjoy every moment. So, we headed to the salon to get our updo's and then it was picture taking time. Patrick was a ring bearer and I really wasn't sure how the day would go. It's hard to be the matron-of-honor and try to take care of your son. Thank goodness for daddy, aunts, and my in-laws. They helped throughout the day.

Patrick took a few catnaps, but we really interrupted his schedule. So, I worried if my baby would be Mr. Cranky Pants. But he did a great job! He was actually sleeping during picture time and when he woke up, the photographer was taking different pictures, so we had to wait until after the wedding to get pictures of Patrick.

My sister walked down the aisle looking gorgeous. But before she had her shining moment, my son was stealing the show. He was wheeled out in a red Radio Flyer wagon, dressed in his little tuxedo. "Ohhhh", was heard from the crowd. Patrick looked so serious, but then he enjoyed the ride. He loves wagon rides!

After the wedding, it was picture time. Now, Patrick was a little crabby. He didn't want to be in his tux anymore and he was getting hot. So, there was one last shot that we needed which was a family picture. Patrick was wiggling so much that Mia began singing, "Itsy Bitsy Spider". The next thing you heard was my entire family of about 80 people singing the song. Oh, was it a moment. Too cute!

The best part of the wedding, (other than to see my sister enjoy her day), was dancing with my son. He loves music and loves to jump up and down. But when he heard the Macarena, he was tired and just fell asleep on mommy's chest. My little boy had enjoy the day and it was time to take him home. Good night Patrick!

No comments: